Medical Overview: The primary application of the Immunolight platform technology is to aid in the fight against cancer. The research and development of the technology has been specifically aimed at the treatment of solid tumors. The fundamental basis of the technology converts penetrating forms of energy, such as low dose X-Ray, into the ultraviolet part of the electromagnetic spectrum – energies that are capable of activating drugs inside the body, thereby triggering an immune response and creating a promising new approach to cancer treatment. While vast majority of the research and development has been dedicated toward cancer, the technology also holds great potential for the treatment of many other serious medical conditions.
- Cancer: The Immunolight technology and its main medical application as a treatment for solid tumors, has been in research and development for nearly a decade – and has included significant contributions from over 30 scientists, physicians and engineers. The resulting technology allows us to utilize energy from an external energy source which is converted into a biologically active wavelength inside the tumor – creating a potentially promising new cancer treatment.
- Disease & Disorders: Although the activation of psoralen in the photopheresis procedure was developed as a treatment for Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma, numerous other uses have been studied. Specifically, psoralen has been used in the treatment of Graft vs. Host, disease, a potentially fatal side effect of a bone marrow transplant, as well as numerous autoimmune diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Lupus and Multiple Sclerosis. The Immunolight technology holds potential to impact conditions such as these through non-invasive, in-situ activation of bio-therapeutics – creating an exciting new paradigm for the treatment of a wide range of disease and other medical disorders.
Commercial Overview: The Immunolight platform technology leverages the latest advances in energy conversion to enable value creation in a wide range of industries including adhesives, electronics, manufacturing, solar and beyond. The technology improves the state-of-the-art in various commercial and industrial fields leading to novel processes, chemistries and methods.
- Adhesives: A novel method for curing adhesives leveraging energy conversion technology enables non-line-of-sight curing and bonding at room temperature and is applicable across a wide range of uses spanning the consumer electronics, semiconductor, apparel, automotive and aerospace industries.
- Solar: The conversion of solar energy into electrical energy can be boosted by converting wavelengths of incident sunlight that can’t be trapped by solar cells (e.g.; UV and IR) into wavelengths possessing energies that can be converted by the solar cell. Efficiency gains realized here could be more cost effective than alternative semiconductors designs.
- Electronics: UV curable adhesives without line of sight activation is a paradigm shifting technology and offers a cost-effective alternative to thermoset adhesives in temperature-sensitive electronic assemblies.
- Color: Virtually any wavelength of light can be created from another energy wavelength. This generic generation of color has uses in residential, commercial and industrial paints and pigments, where a native color can be enhanced by converting unseen wavelengths into the native color. Likewise, cosmetics can be created that reflect a color of interest by converting other incident wavelengths on hair, skin, teeth or nails.